Are you looking for books for long distance couples to read together?
Irrespective of how old OR worn-out your long distance relationship is, you could still manage to make it more interesting and strong. Wondering how? Come, let’s check out 🙂
30 Life-Enhancing Books For Long Distance Couples To Read Together!
Do you feel disconnected in your long-distance relationship?
Are you facing communication issues with your long-distance partner?
Whether the relationship is in a nascent stage OR a bit old, do you still struggle to balance ties with your partner?
Is distance making things a lot bitter between you both?
Worry not, I have compiled this blog to exactly help you out of this crisis. Just go through the given list carefully & pick any book that you think would resolve your problem; for the post has been put down after deeply analysing every kind of hiccup that a long-distance couple go through in their everyday life – The more insights you gain from these books, the more good it will do to your relationship.
Shall we get started?
1. The Five Love Languages By Gary Chapman Is The One To Go For If You Want To Understand Your Long-Distance Partner Better 🙂
Of course, understanding a partner separated in distance is difficult but yes, it’s doable.
Gary’s book is more of analysing & tracking down the kind of love you and your partner desire, that which your hearts need from the given list of 5 love languages the author walks through the entire course of the book.
Especially if you guys are distanced after a brief period of togetherness, this book could prove to be aiding your relationship in the long run.
2. Looking For An Amazing Long-Distance Relationship Fiction – The Geography Of You And Me By Jennifer Smith Will Keep You Guys Tied To It 🙂
If you are looking for some books for long distance couples to read together, how about getting drenched in a teenage love-at-first-sight kind of a tale?
Lucy & Owen’s brief meeting in their apartment elevator leads them to discover the unlimited boundaries of their hearts – Maybe a physical separation could have been inevitable but never the strings of their bond.
Come and sink in the depths of their long-distance relationship coiled so beautifully by Jennifer Smith.
Also, would you like to read some real-life instances of long-distance relationship couples – Check them out here 🙂
3. Americanah By Chimamanda Agozi Adichie Is Again A Fabulous Love Story Depicting Distance as a Stumbling-block!
A close relationship that brews between Ifemelu and Obinze at school soon sees a separation under the military dictatorship of their country.
The same fate that puts the duo poles apart, subjecting them to racial tribulations, brings them back together more than a decade later.
A love story by Chimamanda with bitter-speckles you shouldn’t miss in history!
4. The Far Pavilions By M.M. Kaye Is A Pure Exhibition Of A Strong Long-Distance Relationship!
When the east and west fall for one another what would happen?
Ashton, an english, raised as a hindu, finds connection with an Indian princess.
But when their origins are completely contrasting, wouldn’t that add more conflicts to their story?
M.M.Kaye’s work is an embodiment of courage & strength. Just go for it if you want to build more strength in your relationship with your other-half 🙂
5. 10,000 Miles For Love By Milena Nguyen Is The Best Guide Book For Long-Distance Partners!
Going through a long-distance relationship isn’t an easy path. With her experience & guidance, Milena Nguyen shows you how to understand & love yourself before caring for your relationship.
With a series of guidelines & instances from her own life, a lengthy LDR that she had once been through, the author gives you all necessary tips to brew happiness & sustain your relationship in the long run. Isn’t that amazing?
6. 401 Great Discussion Questions For Couples In Long Distance Relationships By Lisa Mckay – One Of The Best Books For Long Distance Couples To Read Together!
Are you someone new to your relationship & wondering what to talk about with your long-distance partner?
Don’t worry. This book by Lisa Mckay gives you a chunk of mind-blowing topics to discuss at the table with your long-distance partner. With loads of fun, memories, & happiness to share, these 401 conversation-starting suggestions will keep you guys rolling throughout 🙂
7. In Case You A Military Couple, Long Division: A Novel By Jane Berentson Is A Must-Read For You!
What runs through a woman’s mind when she has her soldier-partner packed off for his mission-country?
Well, understand, laugh & relate in the shoes of Annie Harper, the young protagonist of the story. How she devotes & pulls herself to sanity with her writing & other activities is what the author, Jane expounds with her flamboyant pen.
Do the reading with your partner for him to understand your thoughts and situation better when he is not around.
8. Staying For Good By Catherine Bybee Could Turn Out To Be A Chilling Romantic Read When Your Partner Is Sitting Miles Away From You!
Would you love for a second-chance of a long-lost romance?
Zoe and Luke, the love-doves at high school, see their relationship getting back on track when the town-escaper Zoe returns to meet her friends as a successful chef about eleven years later.
A brewing romance under the heels of peril from their very close-ones, would get you guys wanting for more – Indeed Catherine is a treat to read 🙂
9. Love, Rosie (Where Rainbows End) By Cecelia Ahern Is A Love Story You Shouldn’t Miss Reading With Your Long-Distance Partner!
How would you react to a couple who remain blindfolded of the love they have for one another, like for ages?
Meet Alex & Rosie, two childhood besties, who have it all strong between them, their bond that stands undisrupted against tides of times.
A tale narrated with emails & postcards, depicts the feelings of a typical long-distance relationship – Another classic from the most-adored author, Cecelia Ahern 🙂
10. Read Not Quite Perfect By Catherine Bybee, An Imperfect Long-Distance Love Tale!
What happens when the independent Mary meets Glen, the handsome & flirtatious hunk?
When perilous situations surround Mary, would Glen give his helping hand to the former? Would the duo get into a relationship-lock?
Pick this one by Catherine Bybee for a good read – You would enjoy it for sure 🙂
11. Once Upon An Ever After By Angela Blount, Is An Adventurous Long-Distance Love Story!
A sequel to her first book, Once Upon a Road Trip, that this work is, Angela takes one through her encounter with her online charm she meets down south during an adventurous gathering of her facebook friends.
How would the long-distance relationship between Angeli & Vincent shape up and succeed is the crux of the story, something you shouldn’t miss 🙂
12. Build Better Communication & Listening Skills With Your Long-Distance Partner With I Hear You By Michael Sorensen
How attentive and empathising are you with your partner?
Any relationship for that matter requires skillful communication to keep thriving throughout. Isn’t it?
In this book, Michael Sorensen elucidates how to build one’s listening, validating, & communicating habits to keep their relationships balanced – Don’t you think it is one of the essential books for long distance couples to read together – Just go & read it NOW!
13. Mindful Relationship Habits: 25 Practices for Couples to Enhance Intimacy, Nurture Closeness, and Grow a Deeper Connection by S.J Scott and Barrie Davenport
Whether married OR not, most couples fail to exercise mindfulness in their ties which is downright crucial for any relationship.
Learn & accord these 25 mindful tips given by the authors S.J. Scott & Barrie Davenport to your long-distance relationship; you wouldn’t be just strengthening the bond you share with your partner but your attributes too as an individual 🙂
Also, get a clear picture on why exercising mindfulness is important in relationships – It would prove to be very useful to you, I am sure 🙂
14. Unlocking One Another: 30 Days To Improving Your Relationship Communication by Simeon Lindstrom
Simeon Lindstorm has given one a fabulous book where the entire work is set on the premise of “Love is a VERB”; meaning, actions & efforts are the tools to strengthening any relationship in contrast to common people thinking, “Love is a gift, it’s a magic”.
I simply love the fact that the author rubbishes this myth and goes about a structure that talks more about building the right kind of communication to bond the best.
The book also offers a 30-day challenge which will benefit your relationship immensely – Take it slow with your partner, but JUST DO IT; distance isn’t a matter at all 🙂
15. The House That Love Built: What It Means To Love One Another by Simeon Lindstrom
You have got to build a strong base for your love especially in a long-distance relationship where the stakes are really high, isn’t it?
But how do you go about it?
Don’t worry, with a well-tested guide, Simeon could get you to a point where you become more aware of your relationship & its foundation – A book worth its read 🙂
16. The Real Thing: Lessons on Love and Life from a Wedding Reporter’s Notebook by Ellen McCarthy
Would you prefer some insights on love & life?
The Real Thing by Ellen McCarthy is the best choice to go with where the author delivers humorous doses of anecdotes and counsel, having been a wedding reporter herself for the well-acclaimed Washington Post.
This book has got nothing to do with maintaining your long-distance relationship, rather it is a guide book with story highlights that would get you a clear picture of what romance and life is!
If you are looking for some humorous books to read with your partner, Here are 27 funny books that will get you guys rolling on the floor for sure 🙂
17. When Sorry Isn’t Enough: Making Things Right with Those You Love by Gary Chapman & Jennifer Thomas
How do you cool down and solidify your relationship despite persisting conflicts and problems with your partner?
In the prick of the moment, You might feel, “I am done with him”, OR your partner would think, “I am done with her”, but would that do any good to your relationship?
Gary Chapman once again amazes his couple-readers with his invaluable advice on handling straining situations and how to tend heartfelt apologies to your partner in such cases. A must read for any couple!
18. A Guide On How To Stop Arguing: Protect Quality Time, Prevent Bickering, Preserve Love, Enjoy Life By Cj Kruse Is A Must For Long-Distance Couples!
Arguments are a part and parcel of almost every relationship, isn’t it?
But wouldn’t constant arguing with your partner result in undue differences and strain your bond?
This is where, CJ Kruse has come in to save many relationships from the so-called argument-crisis. Especially in a long-distance relationship where your heated-discussions are mostly on the phone, you guys have to find a way out of the even greater-difficulty you would be facing.
Don’t hesitate to pick this one – The book could save your relationship in many ways!
You might as well read this blog where I have discussed why showing gratitude is important in a relationship, an important aspect most couples overlook in their relationships.
19. Long Distance Relationships: Online Relationships To Military Relationships, Surviving Love From Afar By Sam Lawrence And Ben Jackson
How about a personal guide to keep your long-distance relationship secure and happy?
Buy this one by Sam Lawrence & Ben Jackson who gives you all sorts of insights & tips you would need to have a stable relationship – Trust me, you will not regret reading it 🙂
20. Looking For Some Touching Long-Distance Love Story – Read Love Me When I’m Gone by Robert Patrick Lewis!
How about an interesting love in the lands of patriotism and action?
Read this story of Rob & Cindy who strive to keep their fierce bond intact while Rob is preoccupied in his military activities. A great resort for those looking for books for long distance couples to read together 🙂
21. Separated By Duty, United In Love (revised): Guide to Long Distance Relationships for Military Couples by Shellie Vandevoorde
In case your spouse is tied to the military, how do you guys manage things with one another?
Don’t worry right from preparing oneself mentally to handling finances & children, Shellie Vandevoorde addresses all that concerns a military couple & ways to cope with them practically – A worthy read without any doubt!
22. Communication Miracles for Couples: Easy and Effective Tools to Create More Love and Less Conflict by Jonathan Robinson
Sharpening your communication is essential to preserving your loving relationship with your lovable partner – The very reason you should be reading this work by Jonathan Robinson.
With absolute practicality the author disburses tips and skills one needs to build to maintain a healthy communication, something that nullifies the heat of several conflicts emerging on a day to day basis in the life of almost every couple.
Don’t overthink, just make this book a part of your reading list & make your bond even smoother with your better-half! What do you say?
23. Reconnect To Love By Yong Kang Chan Is The First Step For You To Building A Happy Relationship With Your Long-Distance Partner!
Do you often feel disconnected and lonely in your long-distance relationship?
Don’t worry, Yong Kang has it for you to know what self-love means, what it is like to connect to the deeper bliss within yourself with his fabulous work.
The moment you take his tips and start implementing them, you will also see your ego dissolve and your relationship more enhanced & wise – JUST don’t miss reading it!
24. Love Me, Don’t Leave Me by Michelle Skeen Is the Guide You Should Be Reading For Its Constructive Counsel on Handling Your Personal Flaws From Hampering your Relationship!
If you are someone who is fearing abandonment in your relationship due to your childhood traumatic experiences, it’s time for you to reset your mindset.
Don’t worry, Michelle Skeen makes it easy for you with her case studies and examples – Understanding your problem, getting to the root of it & resolving, is the elixir of this book; trust me, it’s worth the read!
25. The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work by John Gottman Will Keep Your Long-Distance Relationship On Track!
In case you are married, you could try John Gottman’s seven marriage principles to keep your relationship sailing.
Marriage is all about making efforts for one another; so taking tips from this insightful book would be ideal to build a hard-rock bond with your partner.
Though it doesn’t cover any specifics to long-distance relationships, you could well benefit from it without any doubt – Get your hands soiled on the book, I am sure it will help you in numerous ways!
26. The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind By Joseph Murphy, Ian Mcmahan – One Of The Mandatory Books For Long Distance Couples To Read Together!
I am sure, you are someone who overthinks and unduly imagines things in your long-distance relationship adding a major block of negativity to it – Yes, because distance could do that. Absolutely common.
But don’t worry, tuning your conscious and subconscious mind to think positively will leave a major impact on your thought-process & hence your relationship.
This is what the authors Joseph Murphy, Ian McMahan elucidate in this book, something you MUST read to keep your relationship happy and composed. Are you ready for it?
27. Would You Like To Know Some of the Characteristics Of Your Better-Half While Distance Is Obscuring Your Relationship – Here is Men Are From Mars And Women Are From Venus By John Gray Just for You!
Irrespective of your past relationship experiences, it would only be ideal if you work on understanding the basic characteristics of the opposite gender to understand your partner better; especially if you are starting your relationship afresh with no solid in-person meetings, John Gray’s work would expose you to a good amount of your partner’s mindset.
Of course, the book cannot divulge specifics of your partner, but it could, in ways, help you in getting along with him better. Read it and make sure that your bond is all the more understanding and special. Good luck 🙂
Also Read :: A New Perspective On Marriage
28. Ultimate Journeys For Two: Extraordinary Destinations On Every Continent By Anne Howard & Mike Howard Would Excite Your Relationship To A New Level If You Guys Are Travel-Freaks!
If travel is a cup of pie for both you and your partner, why not journey together?
This book by Anne Howard & Mike Howard offers exemplary, innumerable , & cost-effective travel destinations for couples.
So whenever you guys get time off your hectic schedule why not pack your bags for a fascinating, memorable trip with one another? Remember, meetups at times, at exotic locations could get your relationship closer, stronger and happier & that is why you should be reading this book 🙂
29. Are You Looking For Some Creative Relationship Descriptions – A Little Book Of Happiness By Ruskin Bond Is The One!
Sometimes, when separation in your relationship upsets you, you would need a good dose of energy to boost your happiness.
Don’t worry, this anthology work of quotes by Ruskin Bond is all the joy that you seek for – There are some amazing verses and quotes for you to relish, especially if you are an imaginative, poetic kind of a person, this book will suit you the best 🙂
30. Me Without You By Lisa Swerling Is The Book You Should Pick If You Are Looking For Some Insightful Bites On Long-Distance Relationships 🙂
Are you someone who had been close to your better-half but had been distanced from the latter due to undue reasons?
Do you feel dejected about missing your partner?
Pick this one by Lisa Swerling where she has come up with some mirifical illustrations for you to soak & dwell in the absence of your partner – Get your significant other also to read this book, I say, It is simply FABULOUS 🙂
I hope you find value in this post. In case you have any queries OR book suggestions to make, you could post them in the comments section below. Till I see you in my next blog, happy relationshipping 🙂